Chisel and strengthen your core without leaving the floor! These four moves may seem simple and basic, but doing each move for 25 reps ups the intensity, making them incredibly effective. Your belly muscles will be burning in just a few minutes. Want more of a burn? Repeat this 100-rep ab workout two or three times.
Side Plank With Hip Dips (Right Side)
- Begin in a side elbow plank on your right side with your heels stacked.
- Inhale and lower your pelvis to the floor, so your right hip hovers just off the floor. Exhale and press up through your right waist to lift your pelvis and return to side plank. Pull your right shoulder blade down your back to stabilize your shoulder.
- Complete 25 reps.
Side Plank With Hip Dips (Left Side)
- Flip over, so you’re in a side elbow plank on your left side with your heels stacked.
- Inhale and lower your pelvis to the floor, so your left hip hovers just off the floor. Exhale and press up through your left waist to lift your pelvis and return to side plank. Pull your left shoulder blade down your back to stabilize your shoulder.
- Complete 25 reps.
- Lying on your back, lift your legs in the air with your knees bent. Place your hands on the floor beside you.
- Without momentum, use your lower abs to slowly curl the hips off the floor and into your chest. Slowly lower them back to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep. Do 25 total.
Crunch Pulse With Medicine Ball
- Begin lying on your back with your legs in the air, toes toward the ceiling, holding a 5- to 15-pound medicine ball or dumbbell over your chest (or use no weight at all). Engage your abs to press your lower back into the mat while lifting your head, neck, and upper back off the mat.
- Exhale as you lift your upper body an inch higher off the mat.
- Inhale, and lower your pelvis and upper back an inch toward the floor. This completes one rep.
- Continue pulsing the torso up and down for a total of 25 reps.